- 5:00pm- Registration with Pizza and Beers
- 6:00pm – Welcome and Speakers
- 7:00pm – Pitches Start
- 8:30pm – Attendees vote for the top ideas
- 9:15pm – Teams start forming and discussing ideas
- 10:00pm – Start to formalize teams and take an inventory of skills. Be honest, and direct about what resources and skills are needed for the weekend. You may stay and work as late as the venue will allow.
- 9:00am – Doors Open and Breakfast is served
- 9:30am – Teams formed and setting up workspace for the weekend
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – Call for needs & skills
- 2:00pm – Mentors help teams one-on-one. They are here to help!
- 7:30pm – Cocktail Party at Washington Station
- 8:00pm – Speaker
- 8:30pm – Mid weekend check-in, status reports, call for help
- 10:00pm – Finished for the day. You may stay and work as late as you want.
- 9:00am – Arrive, simple breakfast & coffee
- 12:00pm – Lunch
- 12:30pm – Mentors arrive
- 3:00pm – Start prepping for presentations
- 4:00pm – Dinner
- 5:00pm – FINAL PRESENTATIONS
- 7:30pm – Judging & awards
- 8:30pm – Wrapup
- 10:00pm – After Party!
What to Expect
On Friday, night people pitch (present) their ideas in a fast inspiring 60 seconds elevator pitch, giving a rapid overview about the idea, why it ticks, as well as the needed resources. (Yes, 60 seconds. Don’t worry, we’ll help you how to prepare for it) There can be as few as 10 pitches or as many as 100, we keep on pitching until everyone is done! We then do a simple vote of everyone’s favorite 2 or 3 to narrow down the ideas. Individuals then gather around the remaining ideas to discuss feasibility, and identify what they need as far as skill sets and resources to get to work. People are free to work on any idea that interests them that they feel they will have a value add for.
Teams continue to work on their projects throughout Saturday November 5th. By Sunday the 6th, teams should have prepared a working prototype/product (and perhaps a presentation) to show to a panel of experienced judges in short demo.